LUMO: Light control for phototrophic cultures
- LUMO light control unit together with the MINIFOR laboratory fermenter-bioreactor for growing phototrophic cultures
- Optimal light intensity achieved with LUMO light control unit
- LED light with high light intensity and low radiant heat emitted to the medium (no or less medium cooling)
- Manual or automatic timer to simulate day/light rhythm
- Free selectable wavelength according to the culture requirement (e.g.: LEDs red or blue or warm white)
- Precise control over light intensity, photoperiod and spectral distribution
- Can also be used as a stand-alone device
Optimal light spectrum
LAMBDA offers high intensity and low radiant heat emitting LED light source for the most effective and consistent light supply for highest photosynthesis and growth rates of the culture. According to the specific photosynthesis requirements of algae, plant cells, moss or cyanobacteria, the LEDs with corresponding light spectrum and wavelength can be selected.
LED light source for MINIFOR photobioreactor
Optimal light absorption spectrum of phototrophic microorganisms
LED light spectrum is evenly distributed outside the MINIFOR photobioreactor working vessel which is perfect for the growth of the culture in the vessel medium. The gentle and efficient “fish-tail” agitation prevents light inhibition and mutual shading in the MINIFOR photobioreactor.
Advantages of using external light source (with single walled glass vessel):
- Large surface and even distribution of light at appropriate intensity, duration and wave length
- Dissipation of heat into the lab atmosphere and no or minimal medium cooling required
- Possibility to choose: natural sunlight (to imitate outdoor experimental structure) or artificial light (LED) with specific wavelength (R & D lab, Universities) for experiments
Controlled light intensity
LUMO light control unit specially designed to use together with MINIFOR laboratory photobioreactor to obtain the best optimal light control for the phototrophic culture.
Along with the wavelength, the day/night simulation and light intensity can also be selected:
Manual or automatic time selection for day/night simulation
Selection of light intensity
Programming the light intensity
The light intensity can be controlled by 0 to 100% (in the steps of 1%) manually on the light control unit. It is also possible to program the light intensity with respect to time in 99 steps locally on the LUMO light control unit (i.e. each step is a pair of light intensity and time duration). The corresponding program can be repeated 1 to 99 times or can run continuously.
Control by software (SIAM)
LUMO light control unit together with the LED light source, can be connected to the SIAM industrial fermentation software via RS-485 interface. SIAM allows precise regulation of light control with respect to time, real time monitoring of other parameters and data recording.